Friday, September 01, 2006

Omkara - Naina


'nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat suniyo re
naina thag lenge, naina thag lenge...

...jagte jaadu phukenge re, jagte jagte jaadu
jagte jaadu phukenge re, neenden banjar kar denge
naina thag lenge...'


Penned by Gulzar, and sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - this is my song of the moment. Absolutely beautiful - I've had it on constant repeat for days. Haven't seen the film yet, so I'm very curious to know how this song is used (if it's used). I love Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's voice - heavenly :o)

3 comments:

Tamanna said...

Hi munky :)
Yeah the song rocks.
I like o saathi re too.. soulful .

I dint know abt northern India, but down south in Chennai, its very humid and hot but then here we say we have only 3 climes throughout the yr - hot, hotter and hottest :-(

Have fun :)
T

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Now I MUST ask my family overseas to get that song...what's the album...which movie?

By the way, do you like the songs from Parineeta? Wow! I almost burned a hole in that cd, playing it over and over and over.

*~mad munky~* said...

Y'know - I've only heard one song from Parineeta :oS I must get the album when I go to India :o)

The song here is from 'Omkara' :o)

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs