Sunday, September 24, 2006

Parineeta


What a sweet film! Just watched it now... will spare you the story as I think I am probably the last person on the planet to see it :oP

The chemistry between Saif Ali Khan (Shekhar) and Vidya Balan (Lolita), playing childhood friends, was strong - very believable. Although that's not surprising - Vidya is stunning in a very understated way..like the heroines of yesteryear :o)

The ending was a bit disappointing, if I have to pick a weak point. Watching Saif smash through a wall with the aid of a garden ornament (yes, really) was a bit not in keeping with the atmosphere of the film - I would've preferred he just dash after Vidya in the rain or something..throw himself in front of her car..I dunno - anything but the water fountain! Still....I'd watch it again :o)

Oh yes - Sanjay Dutt had a smallish role. I kept expecting him to burst into a Munnabhai dialogue though..hehe..

2 comments:

*~mad munky~* said...

It's not sooo bad - but it did make me giggle a bit (when he picks up the fountain), which took away some of the power for me... maybe if he'd carried on with the shovel, it might've been less humourous ;o)

I'd definitely watch it again..songs were great too :o)

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

I still dont know why Vidya would go for Saif in the movie- his character was a bit of a jerk at times...despite all the societal manipulations. She should have at least given him a bit of a hard time before taking him back!

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs